Literacy Materials for Comprehension
- Gradual release of responsibility for learning from teacher modelling to student independent learning, evidence-based on doctoral research
- Question-Skills Instruction
- 2015 editions,Level B (approx. Year 2 difficulty), Level C, Level D, Level E, Level F (Year 6-7)
- All lessons include Success Criteria, for Visible Learning (Hattie, 2009)
- All assessments are now presented within a Learning Progress Booklet
- Samples of Learning Progress Booklets, for further samples, please email.
NOTE: With teacher professional judgement, these materials can be effective with secondary students, who have difficulties with comprehension.
- Reading Fluency interventions
- Repeated Reading
- Superstar Reading
- Scaffolded Silent Reading, for improving effectiveness of DEAR
NOTE: With formative assessments and teacher professional judgement, these materials can be effective with secondary students, who have difficulties with oral reading fluency or expression.
- Talking and Listening - Newstime Success
- Modelling and Guided practice activities for student oral questioning.
- For more information about options for formative assessments of students’ learning about oral language, please email